We would love to hear about your recent experience. Please share any pictures and review of the place you visited. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Eglise Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption, situated in the quaint city of Rouffach, France, is a magnificent architectural marvel that dates back to the 11th century. This Romanesque-Gothic style church is renowned for its stunning stained glass windows, impressive facade, and intricate carvings. The church has undergone several restorations over the centuries, each adding a unique layer to its rich history and architectural grandeur.
While visiting Eglise Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption, one must not miss the opportunity to witness the church’s grand organ. The organ, built in the 19th century, is a masterpiece of craftsmanship and produces a divine sound that fills the entire church. Another must-see is the church’s crypt, a remnant of the original 11th-century structure. The crypt, with its ancient tombs and relics, provides a fascinating glimpse into the church’s long and storied past.
Plan your visit
- Be sure to take time to explore the beautiful interior and admire the intricate stained glass windows and stunning architecture of Eglise Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption.
- Take a moment of silence when you enter and appreciate the peaceful atmosphere inside this historic church.
- Visit during evening hours to experience special candlelit vigils or services that can be held at certain times of year.
- Dress respectfully in accordance with religious expectations for visiting churches in France, such as no shorts or sleeveless shirts/dresses for women (long skirts are recommended).
- Make sure you bring cash as most donation boxes only accept coins and bills–credit cards are not accepted at Eglise Notre-Dame de l’Assomption!