We would love to hear about your recent experience. Please share any pictures and review of the place you visited. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Art, culture and history can be experienced in the Saarburger Amüseum. In addition to the gallery with changing art exhibitions, the city museum, which presents traditional Saarburg craft trades such as tanners, shoemakers, pharmacists, bell-makers and boatmen, is part of the museum’s offer. The Saarburg cultural office is also located in the museum, where the employees provide information on art, culture and events in the city of Saarburg.
Plan your visit
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as the Amuseum Saarburg covers over seven hectares of gardens, galleries and exhibition halls.
- Check out the many interactive exhibits that bring history alive such as age-old paper mills, ice cream making workshops and an old-fashioned carousel ride.
- Take advantage of the audio tours available to learn more about the history of Ayl and its ancient castle ruins located in close proximity to Amuseum Saarburg.
- Bring a picnic basket or enjoy lunch at one of the cafes on site for a unique dining experience while admiring views from atop their hillside vantage points overlooking Ayl and surroundings areas in Germany’s Saarland region.
- Don’t forget to take home a souvenir from their gift shop loaded with local arts & crafts items as well as traditional German ornaments!