The Last Bookstore
We would love to hear about your recent experience. Please share any pictures and review of the place you visited. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
The Last Bookstore, located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, is California’s largest used and new book and record store. Housed in a stunningly restored early 20th-century bank building, it boasts over 250,000 books spread over two floors, including an art & rare book annex.
Visitors are treated to a labyrinth of bookshelves, creating a literary maze that’s a delight to explore. One of the highlights is the iconic book tunnel, a popular spot for Instagram-worthy photos. The store also features local artists’ works and hosts a variety of cultural events, making it a vibrant hub for the city’s creative community.
Plan your visit
- Make sure to bring cash or a valid credit/debit card in order to purchase items as the store is cash-only.
- Wear comfortable shoes - the store is huge and you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking!
- Take advantage of the available events, including book readings, workshops, lectures and more.
- Bring your own bags - The Last Bookstore offers discounts for customers who bring their own bags when shopping.
- Don’t forget to check out the special sections like “The Labyrinth Above” and “The Mutter Museum Room” - they are an exciting part of any visit!