San Clemente State Beach
We would love to hear about your recent experience. Please share any pictures and review of the place you visited. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
San Clemente State Beach is located at the south end of the city of San Clemente, California. The area around San Clemente is known for its ocean, hill, and mountain views, a pleasant climate and its Spanish Colonial style architecture. The city slogan is “Spanish Village by the Sea.” Visitors are attracted to the San Clemente area for its intense winds and dramatic location.
San Clemente has been a California state beach since 1937 and is popular among water sport enthusiasts, and anyone who wishes to escape from inland heat and nearby metropolitan areas for the day. The beautiful mile long beach stretches between the curling ocean surf and the foot of a steep bluff.
Plan your visit
- Bring your sunscreen- San Clemente State Beach averages over 200 days of sunshine per year, so it’s important to make sure you apply and reapply sunscreen throughout the day!
- Bring a beach tent or umbrella- With so much sun all year round, having a little shade helps make your visit more enjoyable.
- Pack plenty of water- Staying hydrated is key when spending time outdoors in the sun. Make sure to bring along enough water for everyone in your party during your visit.
- Wear appropriate clothing- San Clemente State Beach has an open area with many outdoor activities available that require comfortable attire such as shorts and tees that are loose fitting and breathable material like cotton or linen are best suited for these activities .
- Respect the wildlife - San Clemente State Beach is home to many local species of marine life including dolphins, sea lions, pelicans, and sea turtles . Be aware of their presence while exploring the beach; do not touch or disturb any animals you may encounter on your journey!