United States Capitol
We would love to hear about your recent experience. Please share any pictures and review of the place you visited. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
The United States Capitol is an iconic symbol of democracy and serves as the seat of the legislative branch of the U.S. government, located in Washington D.C. The iconic building is an architectural masterpiece and houses many historical artifacts, works of art and exhibits that tell the story of American democracy. Visitors can explore its stunning main rotunda, see historic statues from various states or take a guided tour to learn more about its unique history and architecture. Notable attractions within Capitol Hill include the beloved National Statuary Hall with its impressive collection of state sculptures and paintings; one must-see stop while exploring this area is a visit to the beautiful U.S Capitol Visitor Center where visitors can view two full-scale models representing both chambers of Congress - a fascinating experience!
Plan your visit
Planning a visit to the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., is easy if you plan ahead! Here are some tips and tricks:
1. Check the hours of operation ahead of time, as they can vary seasonally;
2. Consider taking advantage of special tours or events offered at the Capitol;
3. Research and plan for parking options near by;
4. Be aware that items such as food, beverages, weapons, ammo, aerosols and sharp objects are not allowed on site;
5. Dress appropriately for your visit: no shorts or tank tops inside the building; 6. Arrive early to allow plenty of time before your tour begins so that you don’t miss it due to long lines at security check points!